Our School - Our Vision and Mission
Our mission is to provide students with a Catholic education in a caring, disciplined environment where striving for excellence and respect for others are promoted.
Aims of the School
The following aims encompass the main features of our educational philosophy:
- To promote the education in faith of students in the Catholic tradition through the integration of faith and life.
- This is achieved with the aid of: 1. The Religious Education program, 2. Opportunities for students to participate in prayer, liturgy and the sacraments, 3. Policies and structures which endeavour to put into practice Gospel values, especially those of forgiveness and respect for others in a just and caring environment.
- To provide stimulating learning experiences for students through effective teaching in a well-resourced educational environment.
- To promote the formation of the whole person by complementing academic development with opportunities for individuals to grow spiritually, socially, physically, emotionally and intellectually.
- To promote the development of quality relationships within a caring school community based on Christian values.
- To pursue excellence, so students of varying ability levels have the opportunity to develop their potential.
- To provide a well-structured school environment, where expectations are clearly stated and the individual is respected.
- To encourage interaction with parents, the parish and wider community. This assumes a commitment to providing opportunities for communication with parents so that they may have greater involvement in school life.
As a school community we value:
- The christian dimension of the school which promotes gospel values in all aspects of school life.
- The development of the whole person spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially.
- The opportunity for faith development and the building of a faith community through the celebration of prayer, liturgies and sacraments.
- The promotion of respect for self, others and our environment.
- The caring and supportive nature of a united school community.
- A community that is friendly and hospitable.
- Open and effective communication with all those involved in the education of our students.
- The emphasis on pastoral care and discipline.
- Parental, parish and community involvement in the growth and development of our students.
- Striving for excellence.
- A strong and positive community perception of our school.
- The beautiful, physical environment of our school and the on-going encouragement of students to maintain this environment.
- A well-balanced up-to-date curriculum which provides a wide range of learning experiences and encourages excellence and equity.
- A dedicated, motivated and professional staff.
- The support and freedom given to the school by St Francis Xaviers parish and Diocese of Armidale.
- The opportunity to be flexible within our organisational structure.
- The encouragement, guidance, appreciation and trust shown by management to all staff.